Cross Country Moving at a Fast Pace

Cross Country Moving at a Fast Pace

Justin Scott, Staff

The Cross Country season this year so far has been moving at a fast pace led by coach Mark Wyant who has been coaching Cross Country for 24 years. This year Wyant has made a strict running schedule for the team by doing long runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, which Fridays are the early fun morning runs. Then the team runs repeats on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The team loves to do repeats by trying to make themselves better throughout the season. Last week the team ran at Harrison Amphitheater and got great results. 

Senior Alberto Perez-Castro said, “I feel the team and I are really starting to hit our stride for stride and the Harrison Invitational was a clear example because many people on the team are getting under the twenty minute barrier and getting better team wise and individually as well;” “Anyway I feel really confident about our next meet, and I have a gut feeling we will have a interesting race.” Also for round two beginner Sophomore Jesse Ward said, “The season is going very well for me.I think I did very well at Harrison, also team wise as well. I think I will do better at the Maconaquah meet and try to get a new personal record.”

With sectional right around the corner, the Cross Country team needs to be in their prime with hopes to finally win a sectional for this 2022-2023 season.