It’s Sectional Baseball Time!

Written by: Ethan Bowsman

Ethan Bowsman, Staff

It’s May everybody and we all know what that means! School is coming to a close as well as the baseball season. It is sectional time baby! The team was very excited to play this year considering last season’s cancelation due to Covid-19. This year, the Indians have had an up and down season to say the least. This season has brought some very impressive wins, but it also came with some very disappointing losses to this squad. The Indians are very young this year and have done a pretty good job adjusting to the speed that varsity baseball requires. This made it necessary for many underclassmen to step up to take on a big role for their first high school baseball season. This being either pitching in big games or taking a crucial up-to-bat. The team is currently 10-13 while also placing 6th in the Hoosier Conference. The team has high hopes going into the post-regular season. I interviewed this year’s seniors: Peyton Hirt and Dailan Reece. Senior Peyton Hirt said, “My feelings going into sectionals are confident. I think if we play well and execute we have a chance [to win the sectional championship].” I also asked Peyton how he felt about his performance his senior season and he said, “I feel that my performance this year was all around pretty good. I definitely could have done better at times.” I asked Dailan Reece what his goals were and he said, “My goals are to start on a college team and to continue to get better.” The Indian baseball team will play Benton Central in the first round of sectional. The team played them earlier in the season earning one win and one loss. Senior Peyton Hirt said, “We played bad the first time we played Benton Central. If we play together like we can, I believe we can advance to the next round.” The Indians will play next Thursday on May 27th. Lets go TL!

Peyton Hirt swings at a pitch at a game against Central Catholic on April 6,2021. (Picture by Micelle Greear)