Student Produced News Site of Twin Lakes High School

Counseling Corner – January Check In

January 20, 2020

Here we are in mid-January! It seems like just yesterday we started the new school year. This is a busy time of year in the Counseling Office. Seniors are filling out scholarships and finalizing what the next step is. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are beginning to wonder what classes they will be taking next. These things can all be very stressful and overwhelming, but we are here to help you!

The Counselors will be coming into classrooms soon to talk about scheduling. You can always view the 2020-2021 course guide before we do to have a jumpstart! The course guide can be viewed at this link — 2020-2021 Course Guide. There are a few class changes, but we will go over those in our presentations.

We now have a full-time Nurse in the Student Services Office. Mrs. Wright is here all day, which is very exciting! If you are not feeling well, you need to see the nurse before you can call home.

Seniors, remember that scholarships are due the first Friday in February by 3:30pm. If you have not yet asked people for recommendation letters, now is the time to do that! You should give your recommenders at least two weeks to write you a letter. Please make sure to give them a handwritten thank you after! A handwritten thank you goes a long way. Also, keep checking TL Campus for more scholarship application opportunities.

Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors, we will be having class parent meetings in the spring. We want to make sure you and your families are on the same page of what to expect for the next year. We hope we will see many of you at those meetings.

Enjoy the second semester and keep working hard. Don’t hesitate to sign up to see your counselor if you have questions or need anything. We are here for you!